It’s time once again for the results of our weekly, free-for-all composition contest. This week I’m not at all sure I deserve to be the winner as my competition was, as always, excellent, but one takes one’s accolades where one can get them. By all means, gentle reader, read the rest of my colleagues. You’ll be glad you did!
The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast, and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match up.
“Treason doth never prosper, what’s the reason? For if it prosper, none dare call it Treason.” – John Harrington
“Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. “ – Proverbs, 16:18
“What difference does it make now, at this point” – Hillary Clinton
This week, we had a three way tie in the Council category. My piece, When Justice Just Is Not dealt with the recent circus in Washington, the acrobatics of our FBI director in rewriting existing law and the how and why of what happened. Bookworm Room’s fascinating piece dealt with the inside details behind the scenes on the anniversary of one of Israel’s periodic miracles, The 40th anniversary of the raid on Entebbe . Stately McDaniel Manor’s Hillary Clinton: You’ll Be Able To See It From There examines in splendid form Mrs. Clinton recent history of corruption, deception and dare I say it, soullessness.
Since it’s my job to break ties around here, I get an extra vote to pick the winner. A tough choice indeed, lemme tell you!
After mulling it over, I had to go with Mike McDaniel’s piece, simply because he encapsulated so well in a concise, well written package exactly what we face if this corrupt snake gets her hands on the presidency.I have no patience with anyone who facilitates that in any way, and that includes a great many people I used to have respect for.
So without further ado, here’s a slice:
During his white-suited standup days, Steve Martin did a bit about buying a $300 dollar pair of socks. It was funny–absurd really–because who in their right mind would pay that much for a pair of socks? Martin played it masterfully, acting like a dim-witted, self-important twit. Who would really do something like that? Hillary Clinton would; Hillary Clinton who campaigned in a $12,000 dollar jacket. Hillary Clinton, the women who was so poor when she left the White House she had to steal the furnishings. Hillary Clinton, the woman that is just like us and is going to fight, fight, fight for us, the middle class!
Because this article is already posted here at SMM, just take the link for the rest, or scroll down.
In our non-Council category, the winner was Kurt Schlichter with You Owe Them Nothing – Not Respect, Not Loyalty, Not Obedience submitted by Joshuapundit.
In it, I think he catches the mood of a substantial part of the country right now as well as his own. And given that he’s a highly decorated combat veteran, a sensible human being and an undoubted patriot, that says something.
Here are this week’s full results. GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD was unable to vote this week, the result of some last minute travel, but she was not subject to the normal 2/3 vote penalty:
- *First place with 2 2/3 votes!–Hillary Clinton: You’ll Be Able To See It From There
- Second place with 1 2/3 votes –Bookworm Room – The 40th anniversary of the raid on Entebbe
- Second place with 1 2/3 votes – Joshuapundit–When Justice Just Is Not
- Third place with 1 vote –Puma By Design – Marxist Private School in NYC Teaches White Children That They Are Born Racist.
- Fourth place with 2/3 votes –The Glittering Eye –The Collapse of the Technocratic World Order
- Fourth place with 2/3 votes –VA Right! – #Binary. Why I’m Blocking #NeverTrump and Anti Trump ‘Friends’ on Facebook
- Fourth place with 2/3 votes –GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Intervention Pendulum
- First place with 2 1/3 votes! –Kurt Schlichter – You Owe Them Nothing – Not Respect, Not Loyalty, Not Obedience Submitted by Joshuapundit
- Second place with 1 1/3 votes –Michael Walsh/PJ Media – The Day the Rule of Law Died Submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Second place with 1 1/3 votes –Wolf Howling–Hillary, The FBI & A Travesty Of Justice Submitted by Bookworm Room
- Third place with 1 vote –NRO –Washington’s Hollow Men Submitted by Stately McDaniel Manor
- Fourth place with 2/3 votes –Bearing Arms –Democrats looking to gut our Bill of Rights Submitted by The Daley Gator
- Fourth place with 2/3 votes – Brigitte Gabriel – (video)Religion of Peace: A Brief History of Islam Submitted by The Watcher
- Fourth place with 2/3 votes –Glenn Reynolds/USA Today – About that Clinton-Lynch accidental meeting Submitted by The Watcher (hat tip, Puma By Design)
See you next week!
Make sure to tune in every Monday for the Watcher’s Forum.
And remember, every Wednesday, the Council has its weekly contest with the members nominating two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. The votes are cast by the Council, and the results are posted on Friday morning.
It’s a weekly magazine of some of the best stuff written in the blogosphere, and you won’t want to miss it...or any of the other fantabulous Watcher’s Council content.