As a member of the Watcher’s Council, I nominate one of my own pieces every week for our weekly literary contest, having no idea whether it will find favor, and knowing well the uniformly high quality of the competition. I am always surprised, and humbled, when my colleagues choose one of my wretched scribblings, as they did this week. By all means, take the links and read the rest, some of the finest work on the Internet.
The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast, and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match up.
“Americans have the right to choose to be unarmed and helpless. Be my guest.” – Ted Nugent
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.” – Jeff Cooper, Art of The Rifle
“There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men.”– Robert A. Heinle
This week’s winning essay, Stately McDaniel Manor’s A Post-Orlando AR-15 Primer is one of those rare gems of the blogosphere – a very well written, compact, information packed source of practical knowledge by someone who knows what he’s talking about. Here’s a slice:
The recent Jihadist slaughter of Americans in Orlando is a crisis Mr. Obama and his sycophantic minions are determined not to allow to go to waste. Accordingly, he has come up with a typically Obamite plan to deal with Islamist terror: disarm law-abiding Americans who pose no threat to anyone. Fox News reports:
Being tough on terrorism — particularly the sorts of homegrown terrorism that we’ve seen now in Orlando and San Bernardino — means making it harder for people who want to kill Americans to get their hands on assault weapons that are capable of killing dozens of innocents as quickly as possible,’ Obama said in his weekly radio address. ‘That’s something I’ll continue to talk about in the weeks ahead.
Hillary Clinton, who has never seen an anti-liberty, gun control idea she did not embrace, was true to form:
As the article is on the SMM site, I’ll cut this short. To read the rest of the article, take this link, or merely scroll down.
In our non-Council category, the winner was Scott Adams@Dilbert.com with How to Un-Hypnotize a Rabid Anti-Trumper submitted by The Glittering Eye.
Let’s just say that if you are an anti-Trumper or know someone who is, you owe it to yourself to read this one, redolent with the creator of Dilbert’s cynical wit and knack for getting to the truth of the matter.
It might be noted that Scott Adams has endorsed Hillary Clinton, because ‘I live in California and I fear for my physical safety.’
Here are this week’s full results. Only Fausta was unable to vote but was not subject to the usual 2/3 vote penalty for not voting :
- *First place with 3 2/3 votes!–Stately McDaniel Manor – A Post-Orlando AR-15 Primer
- Second place with 2 votes –Bookworm Room – “Détente through the looking glass” — Obama’s foreign policy
- Third place with 1 1/3 votes –VA Right! – I May Be Adding ‘The Bull Elephant’ to my ‘No Read List’ of Political Blogs
- Fourth place with 2/3 votes –The Glittering Eye –It Shall Not Be Named
- Fourth place with 2/3 votes –Puma By Design – Attacks Crowd for Putting LGBT Community First, Mizzou Activist Hijacks Orlando Shooting Vigil
- Fourth place with 2/3 votes –Joshuapundit–Why Obama Backed Herzog – The Secret Plan To Betray Israel
- Fourth place with 2/3 votes –Angry White Dude – What Will You Do If Donald Trump Is Stripped Of The GOP Nomination?
- Fifth place with 1/3 vote –GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Strategic Amnesia
- First place with 2 1/3 votes! –Scott Adams @ Dilbert.com – How to Un-Hypnotize a Rabid Anti-Trumper Submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Second place with 1 2/3 votes –Free Range International–Fourth Generation War Comes To America: What Are You Going To Do About It? Submitted by Bookworm Room
- Third place with 1 1/3 votes –James Kirchick/The Daily Beast –Why Are Prominent Liberals Closeting the Motivations of the Radical Islamic Murderer Who Targeted Gays? Submitted by The Razor
- Third place with 1 1/3 votes –David P. Goldman (Spengler)/PJ Media – How Anti-Semitism Became Respectable Again Submitted by Joshuapundit
- Fourth place with 2/3 votes –Heat Street –College “Bias Response Team” Targets Free Speech With 680 Signs Submitted by Stately McDaniel Manor
- Fourth place with 2/3 votes –Council of Foreign Relations – How Powerful Is Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps? Submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Fourth place with 2/3 votes –Daily Caller – Reporter Tries Buying ‘Assault Rifle’ To Show How Easy It Is, Failssubmitted by VA Right!
- Fourth place with 2/3 votes – Joel Hirst – The Last Flight Submitted by The Watcher
- Fifth place with 1/3 vote –The Other McCain –God and Man at #Skepticon: Atheist @RichardCCarrier Gets Banned Submitted by The Daley Gator
- Fifth place with 1/3 vote –The People’s Cube – Global Warming scientists dispatched to analyze Orlando Submitted by The Watcher
See you next week!
Make sure to tune in every Monday for the Watcher’s Forum. and every Tuesday morning, when we reveal the weeks’ nominees for Weasel of the Week!
And remember, every Wednesday, the Council has its weekly contest with the members nominating two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. The votes are cast by the Council, and the results are posted on Friday morning.
It’s a weekly magazine of some of the best stuff written in the blogosphere, and you won’t want to miss it...or any of the other fantabulous Watcher’s Council content.