Having just finished an on-line in-service educational training course or five, Mrs. Manor and I are recovering from the brain damage, so I was particularly surprised–and stunned–to discover that my colleagues on The Watcher’s Council have seen fit to honor my scribblings for another week. My thanks to them, and by all means, gentle readers, take the links and read some of the finest commentary on the Net.
The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast, and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match up.
““The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.” “ – Jeff Cooper, Art of The Rifle
“Liberalism is like an acid that distorts and ruins everything it touches” -Rush Limbaugh
“The Second Amendment is timeless for our Founders grasped that self-defense is three-fold: every free individual must protect themselves against the evil will of the man, the mob and the state.” – Tiffany Madison
We had a tie this week in our Council category. Joshuapundit’s Welcome To The Left’s Carny Show is about…well, let’s just say the title pretty much says it all.
Stately McDaniel Manor’s Gun Violence Awareness Day And Common Sense concerns the outright hypocrisy involved in one of those cute Leftist ‘holidays’ I wasn’t even aware of, and I bet you weren’t either. It’s a superb piece, and since I break ties around here,it gets the crown this week. Here’s a slice:
Thursday, June 02, was National Gun Violence Awareness Day. I nearly missed it, or at least, I wasn’t aware of it until I read about it in my daily Internet searches. Such occasions must have various symbols associated with them–these days that means a color–and the people behind this occasion have chosen orange. Perhaps they think themselves clever, associating their cause with blaze orange vests worn by hunters for safety purposes, or perhaps it’s just that the rainbow–much more eye-catching–was already taken by LGBTQWERTY folks.
I’ve long had a language problem with “gun violence.” Violence, a noun, requires activation; it requires a verb, as in “he committed violence.” One might add an adjective to clarify the degree of violence, but warping a noun into an adjective to describe an inanimate object–or an idea or concept, as in this case–is nonsensical.
As the rest of the article is here at SMM, to read the rest, merely take the link, or simply scroll down.
In our non-Council category, the winner was The National Interest with The U.S. Navy’s Plan to Dominate the Sky in the 2030s (And Beyond) submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
Here are this week’s full results. Fausta, The Razor and Angry White Dude were unable to vote this week, but none of them were subject to the mandatory 2/3 vote penalty for not voting:
- *First place with 2 1/3 votes!–Stately McDaniel Manor – Gun Violence Awareness Day And Common Sense
- Second place with 2 votes – Joshuapundit–Welcome To The Left’s Carny Show
- Third place with 2/3 votes –The Glittering Eye –Wages Here and Wages There
- Third place with 2/3 votes –Bookworm Room – Yes, we can blame rape victims — under very specific circumstance
- Third place with 2/3 votes –The Daley Gator – DaleyThought: Here Come the Anti-Jesus Freaks
- Third place with 2/3 votes –Angry White Dude – AWD’s Common Sense Welfare Reform Plan
- Fourth place with 1/3 votes –VA Right! – Why is Del. Chris Peace Donating Money to Democrat Levar Stoney, a McAuliffe / Clinton Operative?
- Fourth place with 1/3 votes –Puma By Design – NYC’s Commie Thug Mayor, Bill de Blasio can choke on 2017 re-election message of “One City.”
- Fourth place with 1/3 votes –The Razor – In the Belly of the Swan
- Fourth place with 1/3 votes –Fausta’s Blog – Cuba: Russia, North Korea, tax havens in Panama
- First place with 2 votes! –The National Interest – The U.S. Navy’s Plan to Dominate the Sky in the 2030s (And Beyond) Submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Second place with 1 2/3 votes – Klavan On The Culture –The Secret History: Obama Is A Nincompoop Submitted by Stately McDaniel Manor
- Third place with 1 vote – Refugee Resettlement Watch – Ten things your town needs to know as it is targeted for refugee resettlement Submitted by Joshuapundit
- Third place with 1 vote – Breitbart –Hillary University: Bill Clinton Bagged $16.46 Million from For-Profit College Submitted by Angry White Dude
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 votes –The Last Refuge – UPDATE: ABC News Stunned At Violence Toward Donald Trump Supporters in San Jose California… Submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 votes –Leah Jessen/The Daily Signal –Michigan Lawmaker: Parents Have a Right to Know What Bathroom Their Child Is Using at School Submitted by Puma By Design
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote –Scott Adams@Dilbert.com –My Endorsement For President of the United States Submitted by The Razor
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote –Tammy Bruce/The Washington Times – Anti-Trump rallies funded by the left Submitted by The Watcher
See you next week!
Make sure to tune in every Monday for the Watcher’s Forum. And remember, every Wednesday, the Council has its weekly contest with the members nominating two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. The votes are cast by the Council, and the results are posted on Friday morning.
It’s a weekly magazine of some of the best stuff written in the blogosphere, and you won’t want to miss it...or any of the other fantabulous Watcher’s Council content.