As a new member of The Watcher’s Council, I am always amazed when my colleagues vote for my wretched scribblings. Considering the uniformly high quality of their writing, it’s a genuine honor. Every member of the Council should be on your daily “to read” list.
The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast, and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match up.
“I give interracial couples a look. Daggers. They get uncomfortable when they see me on the street.” – Spike Lee
“If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today” – Thomas Sowell
“Within a socialist community there is no room left for freedom” – Ludwig Von Mises
This week’s winning essay,Stately McDaniel Manor’s These Aren’t The Justice-Involved Individuals You’re Looking For is his reaction to the innate mental disconnect of the new Obama doctrine of referring to criminals as ‘justice involved individuals,’ especially as it applies to education. Here’s a slice:
Let’s review: America’s colleges are virtual snakepits of rape. One in four young women embarking on a college career—according to the Obama Administration—will be raped during their undergraduate days. College life is suffused with a “rape culture,” and the “war on women” continues unabated. Strangely, parents continue to send their daughters off to colleges, apparently blithely unconcerned that their daughters stand an excellent chance, a chance about which they are fully aware, of being raped, beaten, perhaps even murdered. And they’re willing to pay tens, even hundreds of thousands, of dollars for that chance.
Since the article is on-site, take this link for the rest, or merely scroll down.
In our non-Council category, the winner was Christian Lowe in the Federalist with ‘Real Sports’ Trolls Public About America’s Most Popular Rifle submitted by The Daley Gator. It’s a great piece that looks at how the Leftist media promotes its anti-Second Amendment agenda at all costs.
Here are this week’s full results. Only Angry White Dude and Fausta were unable to vote, but neither was subject to the usual 2/3 vote penalty for not voting:
- *First place with 3 votes!–Stately McDaniel Manor – These Aren’t The Justice-Involved Individuals You’re Looking For
- Second place with 2 votes –Bookworm Room – Trump crept a little bit closer to earning my vote today
- Third place with 1 vote –Angry White Dude – College Sports – Is Winning More Important Than Decency?
- Third place with 1 vote –Joshuapundit–The Iran Deal: The Foul, New Deception
- Fourth place with 2/3 votes –The Razor – A Presidential Apology to the People of Japan
- Fourth place with 2/3 votes –The Daley Gator – Daley Gator Daley Thoughts Podcast
- Fifth place with 1/3 vote –VA Right! – Why the Mainstream Media is Obsessing Over Trump’s Veteran Donations and Other Such Minutia
- Fifth place with 1/3 vote –Puma By Design – Snoop Dogg Urges Fans to Boycott Remake of ‘Roots’: ‘I’m Sick of This S**t’
- First place with 2 votes! –Christian Lowe/The Federalist –‘Real Sports’ Trolls Public About America’s Most Popular Rifle Submitted by The Daley Gator
- Second place with 1 2/3 votes –HeatStreet–Hamilton Awards Speech: The Only True Safe Space Is Liberty And Freedom Submitted by Stately McDaniel Manor
- Third place with 1 vote –Steve Sailer/Taki’s Magazine –The Mexico Way Submitted by Angry White Dude
- Third place with 1 vote –Kurt Schlichter/Townhall–Why Is This Hardcore Conservative Not #NeverTrump? Because Hillary Is So Much Worse Submitted by Bookworm Room
- Third place with 1 vote –David Frum/The Atlantic – The Seven Broken Guardrails of Democracy Submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fourth place with 2/3 votes –Canada Free Press –What Memorial Day means to a Gold Star Mother Submitted by Puma By Design
- Fourth place with 2/3 votes –Foreign Affairs – Why IR Theory Gets Russia Wrong Submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Fourth place with 2/3 votes –Caudia Rosett/ PJ Media – The Obama Narrative Goes to Hiroshima Submitted by Joshuapundit
- Fifth place with 1/3 vote –Vlad Tepes – Open letter translated from PI News Submitted by The Razor
See you next week!
Make sure to tune in every Monday for the Watcher’s Forum. and every Tuesday morning, when we reveal the weeks’ nominees for Weasel of the Week!
And remember, every Wednesday, the Council has its weekly contest with the members nominating two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. The votes are cast by the Council, and the results are posted on Friday morning.
It’s a weekly magazine of some of the best stuff written in the blogosphere, and you won’t want to miss it...or any of the other fantabulous Watcher’s Council content.