The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast, and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match up.
“As an American liberal with impeccable credentials, I would like to say that political correctness is going to kill American liberalism if it is not fought to the death by people like me for the dangers it represents to free speech, to the exchange of ideas, to openheartedness, or to the spirit of art itself.” – Best selling author Pat Conroy
“Those who make conversations impossible, make escalation inevitable.” – Stephen Molyneux
“The idea that you have to be protected from any kind of uncomfortable emotion is what I absolutely do not subscribe to.” – John Cleese
This week’s winning essay, Stately McDaniel Manor’s Progressives: Bayoneting Their Wounded is his account of exactly what goes on in academia at your typical Orwellian White Privilege and Male Bashing conference, this one ironically held in Philadelphia where our freedoms began! Here’s a slice:
As regular readers will doubtless remember, I have often written about leftist ideology. Paramount in leftist thought—such as it is—is the principle that leftist policies, no matter how idiotic on their face, no matter how spectacularly and often they fail, can never be wrong. They’re not wrong; the people who thought they were wrong were mistaken. This unfortunate tendency to double down on disaster was nowhere in greater evidence of late than at the 17th annual White Privilege Conference held in Philadelphia.
I was not aware that there had been 16 prior conferences, but that omission is no doubt due to my white privilege. And to think: I’ve been missing out on 16 years of self-flagellation for working my buns off my entire life and believing the world owed me nothing at all, despite my general blue-eyed, pale-skinned whiteness.
One would think such a conference would be a safe and diversity-friendly place, however, as John Belushi used to say: “but noooooooooooooo! Consider the horrific reality from participants of the conference, courtesy of heatst.com:
Since the original is here at SMM, I’ll cut it short. Anyone wishing to read the rest, please take the link, but by all means, read the rest of the submissions, which, as always, represent some of the most insightful writing available.
In our non-Council category, the winner was Andrew McCarthy with First, Let’s Get the Facts on Saudi and Iranian Involvement in 9/11 submitted by Joshuapundit. Commenting about the pending bill in congress to allow the families of victims of 9/11 to sue the Saudi government for what appears to be it’s obvious complicity, he comments that great nations do not address acts of war with lawsuits. That is, unless your president is George W. Bush. He wants us to get the facts about Iranian and Saudi complicity and then decide how to proceed.
For what it’s worth, Iranian complicity in the 9/11 attacks is already proven fact and verified by a US federal court decision, something I wrote about some time ago. That two U.S. presidents, including our current one knew about this and did nothing about it is a clue as to why Iran has no respect for America anymore. Especially when that attitude was underlines by President Barack Hussein Obama’s blatant appeasement of the islamo-fascist regime in Teheran.
Here are this week’s full results. Bookworm Room, GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD, the Noisy Room, the Razor, and The Right Planet were unable to vote this week, but all were not subject to or not affected by our usual two thirds vote penalty for not voting
- First place with 2 2/3 votes!–Stately McDaniel Manor–Progressives: Bayoneting Their Wounded
- Second place with 2 votes – Joshuapundit–When The Cannibals Eat Their Own…
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes –Bookworm Room – The infantile Left
- Fourth place with 2/3 votes –Fausta’s Blog – Mexico: Investigators call it quits
- Fifth place with 1/3 vote –Puma By Design – Parents demand privacy protection after school approves transgender bathroom use
- Fifth place with 1/3 vote –The Right Planet – Baofeng UV-5R Counterfeit Cable Madness
- Fifth place with 1/3 vote –Nice Deb – Bizarre New Super PAC Ad Has Kasich Winning the Nomination at Convention
- First place with 2 votes! –Andrew McCarthy – First, Let’s Get the Facts on Saudi and Iranian Involvement in 9/11 Submitted by Joshuapundit
- Second place with 1 2/3 votes –PJ Media: Klavan On The Culture –UnAmerican ESPN Submitted by Stately McDaniel Manor
- Third place with 1 1/3 votes –Ben Shapiro/The Daily Wire –10 Signs You’ve Joined The Trump Cult Submitted by Nice Deb
- Third place with 1 1/3 votes –38 Pitches/Curt Schilling–The hunt to be offended…Submitted by The Watcher
- Fourth place with 2/3 votes –Richard Fernandez/PJ Media – The Surprising Weakness of Invincible Institutions submitted by Fausta’s Blog
- Fourth place with 2/3 votes –Carolyn Zelikow/Market Urbanism – Richard Florida Should Replace The Term ‘Creative Class’ With ‘Country Club Submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fifth place with 1/3 votes – The Other McCain –Feminism: It’s about SCIENCE Submitted by The Razor
See you next week!
Make sure to tune in every Monday for the Watcher’s Forum. and every Tuesday morning, when we reveal the weeks’ nominees for Weasel of the Week!
And remember, every Wednesday, the Council has its weekly contest with the members nominating two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. The votes are cast by the Council, and the results are posted on Friday morning.
It’s a weekly magazine of some of the best stuff written in the blogosphere, and you won’t want to miss it...or any of the other fantabulous Watcher’s Council content.