The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast, and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match up.
“To find yourself, think for yourself.” – Socrates
“Oh the places you’ll go! There is fun to be done! There are points to be scored. There are games to be won. And the magical things you can do with that ball will make you the winning-est winner of all.” – Dr.Suess
““You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves.” ” – President Abraham Lincoln
This week’s winning essay,Bookworm Room’s Self-reliance — the all-American virtue Is her fascinating look at an old fashioned, long ingrained American virtue and tradition…and the attempts to undermine it
The custom each week is to entice you with a slice of the winning article. This week, In spite of my best efforts I keep getting a database error message when attempting to access Bookworm’s site. Such things are normally temporary, so the upside is that you will have no reason not to go to the link and read her entire essay! Highly recommended.
In our non-Council category, the winner was Laura Ingraham with a superb piece, –The Suicide of the GOP Establishment submitted by The Razor. The GOP is indeed splitting apart, and Ms. Ingraham puts the blame exactly where it belongs. A must read.
Here are this week’s full results. Only Fausta was unable to vote this week, but was not subject to the usual 2/3 vote penalty:
- *First place with 3 2/3 votes!–Bookworm Room – Self-reliance — the all-American virtue
- Second place with 2 2/3 votes – Joshuapundit–Is Donald Trump Really Neutral On Israel??
- Third place with 1 vote –The Razor – Trump or Trompe-l’œil?
- Third place with 1 vote –Stately McDaniel Manor – Coleen Ritzer: A Legacy To Leave Behind 5
- Third place with 1 vote –Nice Deb – America 2016: Ben Shapiro and Friends vs The Left-Wing Mob at CSU-LA
- Fourth place with 2/3 votes –The Right Planet – That’s Just Super(delegate) — Does Hillary Win Even If She Loses?
- Fourth place with 2/3 votes –VA Right! – Cruz Supporters are Heaven’s Gate Cult 2.0
- Fourth place with 2/3 votes –Fausta’s Blog – Donald Trump, Agent Orange
- Fifth place with 1/3 vote –The Glittering Eye –The Fair Model Looks at 2016
- Fifth place with 1/3 vote –The Daley Gator – Social Justice Is Not Just Or Fair, It Is Evil
- First place with 2 votes!–Laura Ingraham –The Suicide of the GOP Establishment Submitted by The Razor
- Second place with 1 2/3 votes –Bearing Arms –We Are NOT All The Parents Of Thugs Submitted by The Daley Gator
- Second place with 1 2/3 votes –Conrad Black –Donald Trump and Boris Johnson are signs of hope for fresh thinking in the U.S. and the U.K. Submitted by The Watcher
- Third place with 1 1/3 votes –Jonah Goldberg/National Review–Does anyone actually believe Trump is being audited because he’s a strong Christian? Submitted by Bookworm Room
- Fourth place with 1 vote –Daniel Larison/The American Conservative – Clinton’s Libyan War and the Delusions of Interventionists Submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fourth place with 1 vote –Ben Domenach/The Federalist – Thunderdome: Gone Savage For Trump Submitted by The Watcher
- Fifth place with 2/3 votes – The People’s Cube – The Hillary Coronation Chronicles: Origin of the Yellow Suit Submitted by The Right Planet
- Fifth place with 2/3 votes–Rush Limbaugh – The Elites Won’t Figure Out the Trump Phenomenon Until They’re Honest with Themselves About What They’ve Done Submitted by Joshuapundit
- Fifth place with 2/3 votes – Victor Davis Hanson –Obama: The Lamest Duck Submitted by Stately McDaniel Manor
- Fifth place with 2/3 votes – Kyle Jahner/Army Times – Key Moments in Army Airborne History Submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Fifth place with 2/3 votes –Daniel Greenfield/FrontPage –How Americans Used Pig’s Blood And Corpses To Fight Muslim Terrorism Submitted by The Noisy Room
See you next week!
Make sure to tune in every Monday for the Watcher’s Forum. and every Tuesday morning, when we reveal the weeks’ nominees for Weasel of the Week!
Remember, every Wednesday, the Council has its weekly contest with the members nominating two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. The votes are cast by the Council, and the results are posted on Friday.
It’s a weekly magazine of some of the best stuff written in the blogosphere, and you won’t want to miss it...or any of the other fantabulous Watcher’s Council content.