Reason 40: A Reminder—Top Ten Reasons To Fire Barack Obama
Categories: Lack of preparedness, incompetence, blind ideology, inability to learn from mistakes, unwillingness to learn from mistakes, almost unimaginable arrogance and narcissism, etc., etc..
Writing this series has been an interesting and frustrating exercise. Interesting in that I’ve been able to do substantial research, hopefully to the benefit of readers. Frustrating, because that research has unmistakably and uniformly revealed Barack Obama to be a charlatan, a con man who put one of the greatest cons in history over on the American public when he was elected president.
It now appears there will be time for one more article in this series–after this one–before I move on to other things. That I had to write it at all serves to illustrate how far America has fallen from founding principles, to say nothing of the healthy and productive habits of citizens in a fully functioning constitutional republic. So as my next-to-last public service with this series, my top ten reasons to fire Mr. Obama.
Any one of these reasons is sufficient in itself to warrant removal from office, even through the vehicle of impeachment. Any one of these acts and/or omissions, if committed by a Republican, would have immediately led to howling indignation and salivating demands for immediate impeachment on the part of the Lamestream Media and Congressional Democrats. But the double standard is well-entrenched, and Mr. Obama, with the drooling aid of his congressional and media sycophants, have succeeded in so lowering our expectations that the term “high crimes and misdemeanors” no longer has any real meaning. I’ve written this before, but it bears repetition: Americans are so numbed to Mr. Obama’s Chicago machine politician corruption that any new outrage tends to provoke only a shrug of the shoulders and a “so, what’s new?” from far too many Americans.
The list is not exhaustive, but suggestive. Mr. Obama’s corruption extends so far, wide and deep, that including any single category of malfeasance inevitably spills over into many others. I may not be providing anything completely new, but these are surely things worth remembering.
So. The list, in no particular order:
(1) The Benghazi Attack and Coverup: With unmanned surveillance aircraft continuously on station over the besieged embassy, how can Leon Panetta suggest we had no idea what was happening? With those drones sending real time satellite feed to the Situation Room at the White House, as well as to the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the Pentagon, the CIA, the NSA, and multiple other top level sources, we could have counted, to the man, the number of attackers, known their locations and intentions, and known the type and number of their weapons. That is, after all, why we have hi-tech drones. Of course, Mr. Obama needs his sleep, and campaign events awaited him the following day…
That fact that the few defenders were painting the mortar position with a targeting laser indicates clearly that they believed an aircraft capable of sending laser guided munitions to that designated target was within range. No munitions were sent, and it was that mortar that eventually killed former SEALS Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty.
We know there were stand off aircraft—drones and C-130 gunships and jet fighters that either were on station, or could have been on station in time to have killed jihadists and saved American lives. These aircraft, capable of targeting a single individual, could have made all the difference, but they were not allowed to fly or fire a single shot.
At least one account suggests that Doherty and Woods killed at least 60 attackers before a mortar round killed them. We don’t have confirmation of this fact, or of the total number of attackers, but two SEALS killing 60 jihadists is surely within the realm of possibility. Such men deserved better than Barack Obama. America deserves better.
The basic principle is that you don’t deploy forces into harm’s way without knowing what’s going on, without having some real-time information about what’s taking place. It was really over before, you know, we had the opportunity to really know what was happening.
Isn’t being in the military–you know–dangerous? Is your concern for the well being of our warriors really so great you wouldn’t dare put them in harm’s way unless you knew they would be in no danger? Couldn’t a C-130 gunship turn several hundred jihadists into pink mist in short order? Did the drones reveal nothing, Mr. Panetta? There were a great many brave Americans who knew what was happening. They were ready to use our incredible military power to save American lives and kill our enemies. They were not allowed to do what they are trained and well prepared to do. Some brave CIA contractors and agents defied orders and saved as many Americans as possible. They know what happened, yet we’ve heard nothing from them. I wonder why?
In the real world, one finds out what happened by simply asking those responsible for making decisions what they did. Why is this always impossible with the Obama Administration? Why does no one know who was responsible for anything? Of course, we know the answers…
(2) Betrayal Of Our Allies: Consider Mr. Obama’s cancellation of the missile defense shield for Poland and the Czech Republic in the foolish hope of currying favor with Russia. Commentary Magazine provided Polish and Czech reaction:
Catastrophic for Poland’ is how a spokeswoman at the Polish Ministry of Defense described the suspension of the program. Mirek Topolanek, the former Czech prime minister who had gone out on a limb with his own electorate by signing the missile-defense treaty two years ago, interpreted the decision as another sign that ‘the Americans are not interested in this territory as they were before.’ He added ruefully that ‘this is not good news for the Czech state, for Czech freedom and independence.’ Lech Walesa, the former president of Poland and founder of Solidarity, observed with bitterness: ‘I can see what kind of policy the Obama administration is pursuing toward this part of Europe. The way we are being approached needs to change.
Mr. Obama, as always, believed himself smarter than anyone else:
The US president said ‘updated intelligence’ on Iran’s existing short- and medium-range missiles showed they were ‘capable of reaching Europe’. He added that the US would continue its efforts to end Iranian attempts to develop an ‘illicit nuclear programme’.
He said: ‘To put it simply our new missile defence architecture in Europe will provide stronger, smarter, swifter defences of American forces and America’s allies.
Mr. Obama’s “smart diplomacy” reset with Russia has produced nothing but Russian belligerence and obstruction, despite his covert promise of “flexibility” after the election.
And there is, of course, his serial insults of our strongest and most faithful allies (England and Israel), and his embrace of our most intractable enemies (Russia, Syria, Iran…)…
(3) Destruction Of Any Hope Of Peace Between the Palestinian and Israelis: Mr. Obama, completely misunderstanding reality, imposed a settlement freeze on the Israelis, a concession the Palestinians did not want and were surprised to have to accept. The result: the complete collapse of any hope for peace. Of course, anyone who truly understands the dynamics of the region knows there will be no peace because the Palestinians want only the destruction of Israel. Mr. Obama is incapable of or unwilling to understand this…
But Mr. Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize for–well for, for…for being Barack Obama. He must be a genius at making peace!
(4) Fast and Furious (Gunwalking for Fun, Destruction of the Constitution and Political Profit): Hundreds of dead Mexicans, two dead American law enforcement officers, all laid on the front steps of the houses of Mr. Holder and Mr. Obama. If we can’t get an “assault weapon” ban through Congress, we’ll just run guns to drug cartels, kill lots of people, and then argue for the “assault weapon” ban! An act of war against Mexico? Not if Barack Obama says it isn’t.
(5) Destruction of Stability In the Middle East: Oxymoron: Islamist moderate. Help Iranian demonstrators against the Mullahs? That wouldn’t be “smart” diplomacy. Syria’s dictator is a reformer? He’s “reformed” at least 30,000 Syrians by killing them already! We’ll militarily help—who exactly—in Libya to what end? Egypt is a democracy? The Muslim Brotherhood are democrats? Iran wants to negotiate an end to the nuclear ambitions that will allow them to fulfill their jihadist dreams? Millions of people who scream “death to America” really mean “we want you to respect us and we want to negotiate?” Iranian threats to obliterate Israel really don’t mean they want to obliterate Israel? How, gentle readers, could Mr. Obama have possibly done worse with the Middle East?
(6) Anti Anti-Terror Policies: See #5 above. The mastermind of 9-11, after four years of Mr. Obama, still has not come to trial. The Fort Hood terror attack is “workplace violence.” Our war against terrorists is an “overseas contingency operation.”
Mr. Holder wanted to try terrorists in New York City as common criminals. Mr. Holder and Mr. Obama wanted to incarcerate some of the most irredeemable terrorists in the world in a prison in Illinois. Destroying our ability to interrogate terrorists, people who would gladly behead Americans with dull knifes, helps to ensure such people will have the opportunity to behead Americans with dull knifes.
Killing terrorist leaders with drone-launched Hellfire missiles racks up a superficially impressive score, but denies us the vital intelligence we need to roll up entire terrorist networks. No doubt, Mr. Obama prefers that to actually capturing, interrogating and imprisoning terrorists. It’s politically neater.
Osama Bin Laden is dead. Thousands stand in line to take his place. No Mr. Obama; you didn’t do it.
Mr. Obama’s serial insults to Israel and his hostile behavior toward Israel have convinced the Israelis—and her enemies—that he is anything but Israeli’s friend. His claim, in the last debate, that our alliances have never been stronger, surely had our enemies rolling on the floor with laughter and our allies shaking their heads in disgust.
(7) Aid and Comfort To Our Enemies: See #6 above. Innumerable leaks of our intelligence sources and methods to the press. Allowing Iran four years to further its nuclear program. Pursuing a “reset” with Russia while Vladimir Putin consolidated his power and laughed at Mr. Obama’s fecklessness while making mischief and opposing America around the world. Giving Islamist Muslims access to the highest levels of our government.
(8) Destruction of the Rule of Law: the New Black Panther case. Eric Holder. Suing states to prevent voter ID laws. Eric Holder. Refusing to enforce civil rights laws when the victims are white. The Auto Bailout. The EPA. Using executive orders in place of law. Fast and Furious. Solyndra and other green energy debacle. Obamacare and the way it was rammed through Congress. Eric Holder.
(9) Stirring Up Racial Hatred: See #8 above. The police acted stupidly.
Eric Holder. Van Jones. Valerie Jarrett. Punish our enemies. Etc., Etc….
(10) Destruction of the American Economy: See #8 above. The Stimulus. The “Summer Of Recovery.” Eric Holder. Energy Secretary Steven Chu. Interior Secretary Ken Salazar. Skyrocketing energy prices/bankrupting the coal industry. Shutting down coal-fired power plants (skyrockets!). The Chevy Volt. Green energy debacles. Shutting down oil drilling. The EPA. Sixteen Trillion (and increasing daily ) national debt. Two budgets so idiotic they didn’t get a single Democrat or Republic vote in Congress. The Sequester with its destruction of our national defense (and Mr. Obama’s lie that he had nothing to do with it). Endless borrowing and spending. Stealing three quarters of a trillion from Medicare to fund ObamaCare. ObamaCare itself. Welfare nation. Food stamp nation. Disability nation. Mr. Obama’s foremost economic priority: full funding for Big Bird.
Bonus Reason: Barack Obama: the man who didn’t know how to work.
And we elected him president.