Welcome to the second installment of a series intended to inform and inspire. In many ways, I’m preaching to the choir, but any and every vote for anyone but Mr. Obama will greatly increase America’s chances for economic and political recovery and reform.
Reason #4: Mr. Obama Believes His Words Will Change The World.
Categories: no grasp of reality, blaming America first, hatred of America and Americans, dippy diplomacy, incompetent and dangerous foreign policy.
Following Mr. Obama’s apology for the burning of Korans defaced by imprisoned Muslim terrorists, on March 1, Mr. Obama claimed his words had a magical effect:
It calmed things down.
My Obama went on to explain the motivation for and sincerity behind his apology:
The reason that it was important is same reason that the commander on the ground, General Allen, apologized and that is to save lives and to make sure our troops who are there right now are not placed in further danger.
Ah! So Mr. Obama made the apology not because it was sincere, but for utilitarian reasons! That’s the kind of sincerity and attention to honor Islamic tribal societies really appreciate.
In his interview with ABC News Mr. Obama claimed that after his apology, the homicidal Afghan crowds calling for American blood were smaller. Unfortunately, the crowds were not sufficiently smaller–if they were smaller at all–to prevent the murders of two more American soldiers on the very day Mr. Obama extolled the healing power of his rhetoric.
Worthwhile Facts To Know And Tell:
(1) While simultaneously claiming never to have been a Muslim while being a Christian for at least 20 years, Mr. Obama has consistently traded on his Muslim background and middle name, claiming special knowledge of and affinity with Muslims because he lived in a Muslim nation (Indonesia) as a child.
(2) As I noted in my recent article on Mr. Obama’s faith all children born to a Muslim father—such as Mr. Obama’s father—are Muslim.
(3) Mr. Obama has repeatedly and publically renounced Islam for Christianity. Therefore, all truly observant Muslims consider Mr. Obama an apostate. The only punishment the Koran prescribes for apostasy is death.
(4) No strictly observant Muslim would listen to an apostate. No observant Muslim would listen to the President of the United States, the leader of “The Great Satan.”
(5) The response of strictly observant Muslims, particularly those of tribesman still living in the 6th century, to anything an infidel says—apology, compliment or threat–is “death to the infidels,” followed by every earnest attempt to act on that sentiment.
(6) Mr. Obama apparently either doesn’t understand 1-5, or does and is trying to harm America. Either way, his “smart diplomacy” is anything but, and is a disaster for America and the world.
Reason #5: Mr. Obama and His Appointed Cronies Are Actually Trying to Damage America By Mandating the Production of Less Energy.
Categories: administrative incompetence, no grasp of reality, environmental lunacy, economic insanity, criminal crony corruption, insufferable arrogance, smug cruelty, no regard for the welfare of Americans.
In 2008, Mr. Obama gave an interview in which he promised to pursue policies that would bankrupt the American coal industry. This is one of the few political promises Mr. Obama has actually kept, in part by hiring Steven Chu as his Secretary of Energy. Traditionally, energy secretaries have been focused on ensuring that America’s supply of energy was sufficient for domestic and national security needs. The policies of Mr. Obama and Mr. Chu have been quite the opposite.
On March 1, GenOn Energy Inc. announced plans to close five of its coal-fired power plants in Pennsylvania over the next five years. These closures, and many others across the nation, are a direct result of the EPA’s bizarre and arbitrary new regulations.
The company, based in Houston, said Wednesday that tough new environmental rules make it unprofitable to operate the plants, which generate a total of 3,140 megawatts of electricity. The plants are in Portland, Shawville, Titus, New Castle and Elrama. Two plants in Ohio and one in New Jersey will also be closed. The company said the timeframes are subject to further review based on market conditions.
Many older plants will be forcibly closed across the nation. The loss of these five plants represents 3140 megawatts of generating capacity. One megawatt of power is sufficient to power approximately 1000 homes. Unless replaced, that’s the equivalent of no available electricity for 3,140,000 homes in Pennsylvania alone. I understand it gets chilly in Pennsylvania in the winter.
If Texas faces another summer like the summer of 2011 with extended temperatures above 100°, rolling blackouts will cost lives. Texas officials noted:
We fear the risk of rotating outages will be extensive,’ said Sheri Givens, who represents residential ratepayers at the Office of Public Utility Counsel.
Unless the EPA makes adjustments, Givens said, ‘rotating outages could become a way of life.’
‘The timelines are unrealistic,’ said Barry Smitherman, past chairman of the Texas Public Utility Commission. ‘They’ll kill jobs and put the lives of our citizens at risk.’
How do we know Mr. Obama actually intends to harm America and cares little for the jobs and lives of Americans?
(1) He could not pass Cap and Trade even when he controlled the Congress, so Mr. Obama is using the EPA and other agencies to do by regulation what our elected representatives refuse to do. He is usurping the power loaned to the Congress by the people.
(2) The EPA’s rulings exceed its legal authority and are not based on science.
(3) If Mr. Obama were concerned about national security and the reliability and safety of the electric grid, old plants would not be retired until their replacements came on line. Mr. Obama is shutting down plants so quickly replacements aren’t even on the drawing board. This will cost jobs and lives.
(4) Shutting down coal plants also harms or shuts down every industry involved from coal mines to the companies that manufacture mining equipment and supplies, to the railroads that transport the coal, to the oil companies that provide fuel for transport, to local businesses, on and on, down to the individual level. The net result—foreseeable to anyone that actually cares about people—is thousands, even hundreds of thousands out of work and yet another enormous hit to a economy already staggering under Obama policies.
(5) Returning America to a pre-industrial state—as some environmentalists plainly desire—is not only a certain recipe for chaos but would result in far greater pollution of all kinds. Technologically advanced societies are clean societies; third world societies are not. To do away with coal-fired power plants eventually to force society back toward a coal-based system is plainly idiotic.
Reason #6: Mr. Obama is actively trying to drive up the cost of gasoline.
Categories: administrative incompetence, no grasp of reality, environmental lunacy, economic insanity, criminal crony corruption, insufferable arrogance, no regard for the welfare of Americans, absolute disdain for American’s intelligence.
Mr. Obama’s 2008 vow to make energy prices “necessarily skyrocket,” is common knowledge, as is his June 10, 2008 quip during a CNBC interview with John Harwood:
HARWOOD: ‘So could these high [gas] prices help us?’
Sen. OBAMA: ‘I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment. The fact that this is such a shock to American pocketbooks is not a good thing. But if we take some steps right now to help people make the adjustment, first of all by putting more money into their pockets, but also by encouraging the market to adapt to these new circumstances more quickly, particularly US automakers, then I think ultimately, we can come out of this stronger and have a more efficient energy policy than we do right now.’
In other words, high gas prices are just fine, but Mr. Obama would prefer to control the timing and rates for his maximum political benefit. Mr. Obama has acted on these comments by increasing the CAFE average far beyond our technological abilities (35.5 MPG by 2016 and 54.5 by 2025) and imposing automotive turkeys like the Chevy Volt on General Motors. A visit to my recent article on the Volt will update readers on that particular economic and technological disaster.
It was Energy Secretary Chu, who in late February committed a classic DC gaffe: he accidently told the truth. Speaking before the House Appropriations, Energy and Water Subcommittee, Mr. Chu said:
We agree there is great suffering when the price of gasoline increases in the United States, and so we are very concerned about this. As I have repeatedly said, in the Department of Energy, what we’re trying to do is diversify our energy supply for transportation so that we have cost-effective means.
Translation: Everybody is suffering as a result of our policies and we’re very concerned for our jobs. So we’re going to blow billions on companies and technologies we know are going bankrupt before the first taxpayer dollar hits their accounts. So just hold on all you residents of flyover country and in several decades we’ll sell you some gas made from pigeon droppings.
Rep. Alan Nunnelee asked Chu if his overall goal was to lower the price of gas. Chu replied:
No, the overall goal is to decrease our dependency on oil, to build and strengthen our economy. We think that if you consider all these energy policies, including energy efficiency, we think that we can go a long way to becoming less dependent on oil and [diversifying] our supply and we’ll help the American economy and the American consumers.
From the south end of a northbound horse to America’s ears, gentle readers. While pretending to be fighting for the middle class, Mr. Obama is working to destroy it. When prices rise, there are few commodities that have such an immediate and harmful effect on individuals and the economy as gasoline, so Mr. Chu and Mr. Obama are “helping” us (they’re very concerned, don’t you know) by spending billions on “green” technologies that aren’t technologically feasible or that cost many times the price of current fuels while simultaneously increasing the price and cutting the availability of those fuels.
Replacing something absolutely necessary for basic survival and individual and national economic solvency with the promise of green alternatives sometime in the future isn’t helping anyone; it’s sheer cruelty and lunacy.
Since Mr. Obama took office, gas prices have doubled—from $1.79 to more than $3.58. Prices for the summer 2012 driving season are predicted to be as high as $6.00 per gallon in some markets, yet Mr. Obama claims to have no control over gas prices and like a broken record, claims we can’t drill our way out of the problem. He, and his allies constantly claim that even if they allowed drilling—which they do not—it would take from 2-10 years to produce oil.
Put aside, for the moment, the fact that production would be much more rapid than that and let’s consider a bit of simple logic. We are reliant upon regimes that hate us for much of our oil. So what do Democrat leaders do? If they’re Senator Chuck Schumer (D; NY), they beg the Saudis to increase production in the hope of lowering prices for us. I’m sure they’ll get right on that.
We have sufficient known oil and other resources on our lands to provide all of our energy needs for more than a century and we have the technology to economically and safely produce it. Mr. Obama’s stance is like saying:
We’re in danger of starving, but there’s nothing we can do about it. Sure, we could plant crops, but we can’t plant our way out of this. It will be months before they produce any food. So we’ll put all of our resources into developing wonderful alternate food sources from algae. There’s lots of that around.
The consequences of Mr. Obama’s policies are indisputable and terribly destructive to America. There are two possibilities: He is doing it with the best of intentions but is incompetent—as are all of his advisors and cronies—or he is actively trying to harm the nation as a means of making Americans so dependent on the government he will be able to fundamentally transform America into a socialist state ala Greece.
Wait a minute! Didn’t he say something about that, fundamentally transforming America I mean? Why yes, I believe he did.
Gentle readers, to understand what Mr. Obama intends for America, all you have to do is listen to what he says. If it’s good for America and Americans, he’s almost certainly lying and intends the opposite. If it’s bad for American and Americans, he’s almost certainly telling the truth.